domingo, 8 de febrero de 2004

Sunday

So today I was waken up at 12pm by the phone. It was her, waking me up as usual. I asked her to call back later, so I could have a shower and eat some breakfast. Then we talked for nearly an hour, and then I was too tired to prepare some lunch. So I surfed the net for a while, listened two times to a Van Morrison CD that I got last week for 3 euros, and talked some more time in the phone with a friend that wants to go to New York in three months. We've been planning his trip since a month ago. And when I say planning I mean really planning: what airline is better, is it better to get a direct flight even though it's a bit more expensive but then you also save some hours that you can invest in visiting nyc. And then once the airline is decided, you need to tell me what seats in the plane are best, you know, the aisle is good for your legs but maybe you can't watch TV very comfortably, and then there's the seat with a window view, it would be nice to see nyc from the sky, but then these seats are also colder...
Anyway, I was saying, this friend of mine called me, we are now at the stage of deciding what place is better for a hotel in nyc. I am telling him the Village is the place to go, but it turns out there's only one hotel there, the Washington Square Hotel. It sounds good, but I told my friend I find it fishy that they don't have pictures of the rooms at their website. And the room is 170 bucks, man.
And now, well, what I did next was start writing this post. Then (sorry for so many "thens") I will go to the train station to get some stamps to send some letters to my globalised circle of friends. Today it's letters to Granada, Berkeley and Hong Kong. Nice combination, um?
And I should get a sandwich, cause, you know, haven't eaten anything today, but don't really feel like cooking (it's kind of starting to worry me that lately I never feel like cooking, and you know, you can ask my friends and they'll tell you I am known to be an excellent cook)
And then, and, after, after then, then after I'll go watch a soccer game with my i-want-to-go-to-nyc-friend (we are actually gonna meet 30 mins before the game starts, in order to continue planning his trip, this time with a map before us) And well, after, yeah, finally, there's this movie we'll watch, Mystic River. I have many expectations put into this movie, so it'd better be good.
That was and will be my Sunday, told really linearly and with no willingness to sound literary. Just like it was, wasn't it?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario