jueves, 25 de marzo de 2004

EC

So finally I went to Eric Clapton's concert. In three words: it was deceiving. Yes, I am the first one to be really sad about it, but that's how the concert was. You know, I saw Eric Clapton ten years ago: same scenario, me ten years younger (man, I actually did things, ten years ago.. it's an annoying thought that makes me feel old) And so EC, ten years ago, appeared exactly and 21:30 on stage, got to the microphone and said: "Only blues".
And he started playing Motherless Child, alone with one guitar. And from here to heaven, and from heaven to the end of the concert, with EC alone again on stage, this time even without a guitar, singing a song by Billie Holyday. Man, that was a concert. That was the best blues concert I've ever seen, and probably will. Yesterday, I don't really know what it was. But I'll keep loving Clapton, like I still love my 16 years old.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario