miércoles, 21 de abril de 2004

Walk at 9am

Everyday I take the tube to Catalunya station, where I take the train to the office. Catalunya St. is one I like: there's always somebody playing some music, selling weird stuff (like the untranslatable "8 pilas arcalinas por 1 euro, señores") such as extremely cheap, long-life batteries, umbrellas, pins,... There are also women who can read your future in your hands, and a kiosk and a bags shop.
But maybe the best thing is when you get out: just straight to the Ramblas, this big avenue in Barcelona that I really love. At 9 in the morning, the Rambla smells of roses and liles and bamboo at the infinite array of flower shops, of freshly baked bread at the sidewalks, of crunchy newspapers at the kiosks always with nice kioskmen, of coffee at the Cafe of Opera, of juicy mangos and papayas at the market,... Smell of life, of happiness, of freedom, of the greatness of being human.
On the day I quit my job, I will just walk along Ramblas at 9am, on a working day, and breath its air.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario