jueves, 20 de abril de 2006

Hotel California

Maybe I should apologise for too many days without writing, specially in English. You know, when you have my excellent writing skills, you need to write in a language you master, and that's Spanish to me.

Anyway, I'm listening to Hotel California by the Eagles with Eric Clapton, a really sweet take. Actually I was, now it's Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton with Mark Knopfler. Lately, I've been playing with aMule (the mac version of eMule I told you, jojito) and Acquisition (the p2p client for mac I also told you, jojete) to find cover songs. So I take this song I really like, and then I look for other groups or artists that have played it. Like with Norah Jones singing Love me tender (even though Ana says she likes Elvis "the King" Prestley better -but she has these annoying things, the same ones that also make her so adorable).

It's frecquent that those things that annoy us of our friends, are also what we like about them. I'm thinking, for instance, of the stubbornness of Joaquin, the slowness of José, the stinginess (if the word exists) of Piotr. People from Ihouse Hotel, California. Speaking of cover songs, remember how we sang Hotel California with Ihouse instead of Hotel? It was first going down the hill (it was also the first time I met -a), and we also sang Yellow Submarine with the lyrics "we all live in the ihouse berkeley" instead of "we all live in a yellow submarine".

You have to say "berkeley" as if you read in Spanish, otherwise it doesn't work. It was great.

(by the way José, I would appreciate it if you could email me the song we invented)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario