miércoles, 14 de julio de 2004

New tools

Following the steps of the wise Joaquin, I installed Mozilla Firefox (browser) and Mozilla Thunderbird (email client). To my dissapointment, I discovered that I cannot get my hotmail messages on Thunderbird, because they use "proprietary protocols"... This is quite terrible for me, since I like to have total power over my accounts with a single email client software... Let's see.
As for the rest, everything is perfect, though I still have the tendency to click on the "e" of internet explorer... How long will it last? How deep is microsoft rooted into my brain?
Another thing: these Mozilla guys make all the information about their products so easy to find... you feel as they were not hiding anything, as they wanted to make your life so much easier with tech stuff... is it that difficult for microsoft to understand that this is what users want? Why is it that a decentralised project like Mozilla gets such a good centralisation of all the necessary information? I guess these are the geeky questions that I need to ask myself every once in a while, just to feel that the masters degree in information systems actually taught me something...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario