lunes, 30 de abril de 2007

Alex thinking

alex is thinking while we were playing chess

Playing chess with Alex is one of the things I like the most. I feel like I will always remember this long games we play together. Alex has taught me so much playing chess. He has taught me to never surrender, like the spartans :)

That's how I have become stronger, by learning from his temper, from his passion for playing. What's important is to play and admire the beauty of the game: to produce beautiful matches.

And basically, well, that's what life is more or less about. The search for those moments of beauty that make us feel alive. And beauty is playing this game, for four hours, on a crappy piece of wood where we draw a chess board, listening to what pandora wanted us to listen, and smoking the very last greenleaves that our beloved neighbour so kindly gave us.

It's a cheap thing to do, but it's not easy to enjoy it as much as I do.

2 comentarios:

  1. Anónimo3:30 p. m.

    "What's important is to play and admire the beauty of the game: to produce beautiful matches"

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Well, you taught me many things as well, but the one I hear the most often is "hey, don't worry if you loose, Alex, you played quite well".

    I hate that blody fruit.

    ResponderEliminar