sábado, 29 de mayo de 2004

The Choche Foundation

Choche might get a grant to continue with his PhD studies. I am seriously thinking of starting "The Choche Foundation" if he doesn't get that grant.
Choche is a self-made man. I mean he just made his way through knowledge his way. At least that's what I think, I might be wrong.

For the last two years or so, as I have met diverse people from diverse parts of the world, most of them extremely bright, I have come to realise that my knowledge has no value. That for many years I have just made up my supposed intellectuality. My parents are both professors, and so I have always heard names of writers/musicians/painters etc. at home. Many times the writers I heard them mention would be having dinner with us. Inevitably, I developped the art of being able to spread intellectualityness through my conversations with friends. I would be having a chat at a bar with some friends, and I would mention this one or this other writer, and a couple of their books, and how I met them the other day, or how this jazz piano player is so great. That gained me a reputation. But what's the value of what I know, if I really know anything? I don't know.

But I'm changing, I think. I'm finding things I like that I was never invited to like. I'm constructing a fruitman of my own. I hope my sister does so as well. I hope I am able to guide my future kids through what I find valuable in this world, only to let them find by theirselves what they judge valuable in this world. Freedom will not be implicit at my place. It will be explicit. Freedom should be explicit. Should be stated and defined and practised. "Implicit" is too intellectual to be of any real value.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario