viernes, 28 de mayo de 2004

Web artivism

I don't know whether that's a new concept. Once more, through joaquin, i ended up watching this clip (another video for today, i didn't do it on purpose, honest). Two guys made it to protest against I-Pod. It turns out that the battery of this mp3 player dies after 18 months, and the only thing you can do is buy a new i-pod, cause the batteries are irreplaceable (unreplaceable?). Well, after the video was launched on the web, it became quite popular, and Apple started offering i-pod batteries for 99$. And i say: maybe that's a victory of little david over a big corporation. The video is real fun, the whole thing is kinda cool. But would i be satisfied after making a video like that one? Do I really care about the rights of people who buy ipods? I don't know. I think today nothing can satisfy me. Sorry, I'm in a stupid mood.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario