miércoles, 26 de enero de 2005

In the mood for love

Today I watched "In the mood for love" for the second time this week. I had a pizza with Torjman at La Bella Napoli (best napolitan pizza in Barcelona) and then we got into the cinema. Since I had watched In the mood for love last Saturday, I thought of going and watch some David Cronenberg's crap, but finally we decided to go for Wong Kar Wai. And man, it was awesome again.
On the one hand, I discovered I had not understood half of the movie the first time I saw it, and felt proud of myself for being able to understand a piece of art if I am given a second chance. On the other hand, I realised why I have wanted so much to become a cinema director, and why I will never get to be one. The colors, the light, the rythm of this movie is just so completely different from the cinema I have watched lately (and I do watch A LOT of cinema) Not even the best advertisements (probably the purest form of art nowadays) get to achieve something similar. There's a mood, yes, that's it, there's a mood through all this movie, and you can get inside and feel it so deeply. I don't know if it's a mood for love or despair, for coldness or warmth,... and Maggie Cheung, well, I am wordless before her. Her face, her expression, her legs. Definitely, if you get a chance, go and watch it. If possible, in a cinema, a lonely cinema, like the Melies Cinemes at Barcelona. With silence, silence before the music of Wong Kar Wai.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario