domingo, 23 de enero de 2005

Nat King Cole

I am listening to him now. Probably you know him as a popular singer, but he was also an excellent jazz pianist and singer, and his recordings with a quartet are very appreciated among the connaisseurs. As for me, I got a double CD by Nat for just 6 euros, a long time ago, I think in the supermarket downstairs. But I listen to it all the time. In fact, the CDs I listen to the most, are those I bought in supermarkets, gas and train stations, press kiosks and the like. Always very cheap, usually very simple in design, but containing such good music. Duke Ellington, Frank Sinatra, Django Reinhardt, Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzerald, Sarah Vaughan and Billie Holliday. And Nat King Cole. And all of the so cheap, and so good. I wonder who is in charge of this cheap collections of delicious music. I wonder who.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario