miércoles, 8 de junio de 2005

Absence

It's been I while since I don't write in English. Ok, that's obvious. Anyway, forget it, and let's start:
Yesterday I went to this round-table where my father was participating. I didn't know what it was about, and to my surprise I discovered that it was a meeting of bloggers and "traditional" writers of diaries. My dad was the traditional type, of course. So I sat there, and listened to what people had to say.
I felt kind of outraged at the bloggers speaking there. In a way, they presented blogging as an "evolution" to traditional writing. They spoke about the superior "freedom" of blogging vs. traditional writing. And I am sick and tired of listening to the same old shit of how technology makes us better. I think we should all make an effort to think a bit further.
To me, blogging has nothing to do with the evolution of writing or with freedom. To me, it's a form of self-reflection about the world and myself, a self-reflection that is constructed through myself but also through communication with my readers. A vehicle to explore my thoughts and my life.
Anyway, what do you think about it?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario