martes, 28 de junio de 2005

It's damn hot, and it's also my saint, today. My chinese girlfriend still has problems understanding what it means that today "is my saint"... do you? Let's say it's a day when you celebrate my name, and the name of all the people who's named like me. My saint is supposed to hold the keys to heaven, though up to now, I only hold the keys to my (rented) place.
I'm not much of a celebrator of birthdays and saints, specially since I realised society considers me old already. Every advertisement I see portraits younger people: that means I'm old.
Anyway. Today I watched Manhattan for the ... time. But I think it was the first time I watched it on cinemascope, on this huge screen they have at the filmotheque. Again, it was great. And it was great to see how a big cinema screen changes a movie so much. I mean I was able to grasp details, to feel emotions I had not perceived the previous times I watched the movie on my tv.
They say you can just watch Manhattan without sound, because it's so extremely beautiful. And you can just listen to Manhattan's dialogues and music without images, because they are so brilliant. It's a perfect definition, though today I thought the visual part of Manhattan is maybe the best bite of the movie.
Anyway, what are you waiting for?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario